Denise is a 500-hour registered yoga teacher with the Yoga Alliance. She has been practicing yoga since 1999. She received her 200-hour certification in 2004 through New York Yoga under the direction of David Hollander, Michael Gilbert and Govinda Kai. Denise completed a prenatal certification at OM Yoga in 2005. In 2018, she completed an advanced 300-hour training certification through Yoga Life led by Joanne Kane. Some other teachers Denise had the honor of studying with and have greatly influenced her are K. Pattabhi Jois, Sharon Gannon, David Life, Kelly Kamm, Kristin Leal, and Rathi Raja. She is also a Reiki Master who wholly embraces energy healing and believes that Reiki offers a multitude of benefits worth sharing.
1) Why did you start practicing yoga?
2) How would you describe your style of teaching?
3) Who or what inspires you?
4) Tell us something we would never guess about you.
5) What is your least favorite asana?
6) Name one thing on your bucket list?